Dental hygiene, also known as preventive dental care, or teeth cleaning is the practice of caring for your teeth to keep them healthy. This helps to avoid cavities, gum disease, enamel wear, and more.
There are many things that you can do to help prevent tooth decay, such as daily brushing and flossing, and making regular visits to your dental hygienist for professional teeth cleaning.
To maintain optimal oral health, the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends visits to the dentist at regular intervals determined by your dentist. These practices are designed to ensure that teeth are clean, strong, and white.
We recommend that children are taught proper oral hygiene at an early age.
Ask the Hygienist
We realize that many of our patients have questions regarding dental hygiene and teeth cleaning in general. Please use the below form to send your question to one of our Dental Hygienists.
Laser Dental Care
Arroyo Grande Dental Care now features the latest techniques in dental treatment utilizing the Odyssey Diode dental laser. This is the most efficient, portable, and affordable soft tissue laser in dentistry today – allowing us to perform existing procedures faster and more efficiently as well as to expand the services currently offered.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Procedures performed using dental lasers typically do not require stitches
- Some procedures performed with the dental laser do not require anesthesia
- Laser dentistry causes less bleeding than conventional dentistry
- Bacterial infections are far less likely because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated more quickly
Application of Laser Dentistry
The application of lasers in dentistry opens the door for dentists to perform a wide variety of dental procedures they otherwise may not be capable of performing. Dentists using lasers in dentistry have become adept at incorporating the state-of-the-art precision technology into a number of common and not-so-common procedures.